The ideal candidate will be managing the development activities of all products/varieties in the local market.
• Select, handle and follow up the development of new specialty fertilizers and conduct trials.
• Define and implement an annual trials plan in order to evaluate current and future SF nutrition portfolio.
• Build up a network with growers/farmers who will accommodate trials.
• Submit the final trials reports and the recommendations to the Management.
• Promote new selected specialty fertilizers in the local market.
• Visit key farmers and dealers to check on the trials’ results and to promote the new specialty fertilizers.
• Participate in the preparation of the specialty fertilizers forecast for the 3 sectors.
• Prepare technical handouts, posters, brochures and specialty fertilizers catalogues for Lachlan’s products and write technical publications and reports.
• Prepare the specialty fertilizers’ yearly order plan.
• Support in the preparation the specialty fertilizers’ marketing plan by area.
• Prepare the yearly specialty fertilizers’ budget.
• Prepare marketing studies of surrounding markets (East African markets).
• Handle and ensure the registration of the specialty fertilizers at the Ministry of Agriculture, CRI, KTDA, KEBS, and KEPHIS among others and according to local legislations.
• Handle the preparation of the products labels according to the official norms and regulations.
EDUCATION: Degree in Agriculture with specific emphasis on crop nutrition.
• 7 – 10 years’ experience.
• Excellent knowledge in fertilizers technicalities.
• Excellent knowledge of the competitors’ products.
• Experience in trials management and development.
• Strong written and communication skills with excellent report writing, data handling and data interpretation skills.