Closing on: Nov 30, 2022
- Select, handle and follow up the development of new pesticides based on market evaluation and suppliers viability of new projects.
- Define and implement an annual trials plan in order to evaluate current and future varieties portfolio.
- Build up a solid network with growers/farmers who will accommodate trials.
- Promote new selected pesticides in the local market by distributing samples to the Sales Rep and to farmers .
- Visit key farmers and dealers to check on the trials’ results.
- Support in the preparation of technical handouts, posters, brochures and pesticides catalogues for Lachlan products, and support in the drafting of technical publications and reports for advertisement in local magazines.
- Organize and conduct monthly meetings with the Sales team to check on the work flow.
- Participate in the preparation of the pesticides forecast and the yearly budget.
- Prepare the pesticide’s order plan for the whole year per supplier in coordination with the Management.
- Prepare marketing studies of surrounding markets (East African markets)
- Responsible of the technical training to the sales Team and other stakeholders.
- Monitor the stock inventory and stock rotation and ensure that the purchase of products is done on time.
- Insure that all the products received are in good condition and have a high quality standard.
- Handle and ensure the registration of the pesticides at the Ministry of Agriculture, CRI, KTDA, KEBS, and KEPHIS among others and according to local legislations.
- Act as a technical support to the sales force when needed.
- Handle the preparation of the products labels according to the official norms and regulations, as well as the development of spray programs and products’ anti-counterfeit measures.
- Ensure compliance with local laws and adherence to government legislation.
EDUCATION: Degree in Agriculture/Horticulture.
- 7 – 10 years’ Technical experience in Crop Protection.
- Excellent knowledge of pesticides technicalities.
- Experience in trials management and development.
- Experience in supervising and leading of teams.
- Computer literate.
Job Category: Line Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kenya